The Finance Manager will take a hands-on role in the accounting operations and financial reporting of the Castlebar facility. This key role helps ensure complete and accurate financial information internally and statutorily as well as contributes to the enhancement of accounting processes and controls; and supports the Global Finance and Accounting team and Castlebar facility cross functionally. This individual should be a self-starter, have strong financial accounting technical skills and experience, be a problem solver, well organized and a driver of efficiency, and have the ability to manage others and processes, work independently and collaborate at all levels within the organization. The role will report directly to the Director of Finance – Castlebar with additional reporting and support to our Global Controller based at our corporate headquarters (HQ) in the United States.
The ideal individual demonstrates leadership, determination, professionalism and the ability to embrace and promote our cultural values and behaviours. Not everyone is cut out for a role within our organization, but when a good fit is found, it is a long-lasting relationship. Our employee retention rate is incredibly high as those who fit with our culture find it a wonderful place to work, grow and thrive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES These include the following for the Castlebar facility; others may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Participate in and manage the accounting operations and financial reporting
- Implement and monitor accounting process and controls and document policies and procedures
- Manage the accounting team; currently one AP team member, the AR function, and collaborate with the Customer Service billings team and other cross functional teams
- Manage the timely collection of accounts receivable and payment of accounts payable
- Perform the month end close process, including bank reconciliations, maintain the fixed asset register and depreciation, record payroll, prepare required journal entries, etc.
- Prepare and issue timely financial statements and identify and report KPIs
- Support the preparation of annual budget and forecasts, and investigate and report significant variances to management
- Provide and review inventory cost reports and assist in the inventory cycle counting process and related reconciliation back to the general ledger
- Process payroll and pension contributions in a timely manner
- Support affiliated corporations on transaction and customer related queries, as required
- Lead the annual audit and coordinate the provision of information to external auditors
- Purchase requisition review, authorization and guidance
- Prepare and submit grant applications
- Provide support with financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Crosstrain in D365 on AP, AR and GL transactions
The Finance Manager is a key position at our facility in Castlebar. Excellent organisational, communication and people skills are required to effectively fill this role. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully function in this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CPA.
- Ideally 5 years post qualified experience in a manufacturing industry related role.
- Financial and Management Accounting background.
- Experience in analysing financial data and report preparation & presentation, knowledge of Irish GAAP.
- Commercial background with knowledge of ERP systems & product costing.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Strong accounting knowledge of AP, AR, Inventory & GL, and month-end close.
- Critical and effective problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work on one’s own initiative to resolve competing priorities and with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to adapt to change are key to this role.
- Be a strong team member with the ability to identify and drive efficiency improvements.
- The role may be required to spend some time post hire at HQ facility. Note: Any travel will be tentative and wholly dependent on the evolving Covid-19 situation and travel risks and restrictions
To apply for this job please visit financetalent.