Website Jane Downes Finance Talent Jane Downes Finance Talent
Jane Downes Finance Talent
This role is an essential part of a fast paced and expanding department. Job tasks include proactively contacting customers by telephone and email to secure payment, assisting with distributing of invoices/statements, reviewing account history with customers, and posting cash, credit memos/adjustments. Must be able to understand and resolve customer issues by working with the customer or cross-functionally within the company with Sales, Order Management, and other customer related teams.
- Full collections responsibility for assigned customer base as well as providing temporary coverage for peer’s customer base (vacation coverage)
- Ensure customer has invoices on hand prior to past due status
- Contact the customer on past due invoices to secure payment dates and methods
- Drive customer account reviews with management.
- Schedule and host conference calls with customers and support primes, as needed
- Analyze/research and resolve/coordinate resolution of internal or external issues preventing customer payment; work with Order Management, Sales, Legal, etc.
- Document and communicate collection status on all accounts on a weekly basis or as needed to the management team, with recommendation as to how issues are to be resolved.
- Maintain customer contact lists (internal and external) and customer/payment history
- Generate AR Aging reports and other ad-hoc reports as required
- Assist with the recording of cash receipts and miscellaneous transaction in Oracle
- 2 years previous experience in a multinational company in a customer collections role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, a second language would be advantageous
- Excellent telephone presence: professional and courteous with ability to foster excellent relationships with internal/external customers
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Ability to establish daily work routine/prioritize to ensure maximum daily collection efforts
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, Excel is essential
- General knowledge of accounting and finance
- Proficiency in ERP software is required; Oracle experience is preferred
- Due to nature of the work load during peak seasons (e.g. year end, quarter end etc.) there will be periods in which time off will not be guaranteed
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with a proactive personality who is able to work independently or with a team
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com