Website Financetalent.ie Financetalent.ie
This role will support the Payments Senior Finance Director in all Financial Accounting aspects of the Group.
Manage accounting functions and preparation of reports and statistics detailing financial results and ongoing projects as well as ad hoc requests. Establish and maintain accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations as required for the Company’s financial focus/initiatives.
It is essential that the individual provides a consistent high-level of service in line with our company policies and procedures reflecting our corporate values and behaviours.
What you will do
- Manage and oversee the month-end close process for sub-group of 16 entities.
- Lead Financial Accounting team in delivery of all core Financial accounting entries, including reviewing journal entries and compiling financial statements.
- Manage processing of month and year-end processes for a general ledger, payroll, budgeting, fixed asset activity, etc.
- Reviews revenue and expense analyses and other financial statement account reconciliations.
- Interpret the meaning of financial information and make accounting adjustments accordingly.
- Review foreign currency entries.
- Propose ways to enhance and increase the efficiency of the corporate month-end close process.
- Review of footnote disclosure supporting schedules provided to financial reporting team.
- Assist in coordinating and completing annual audits and quarterly reviews, including working with external auditors and responding to audit inquiries.
- Assist with/lead special projects as they arise.
Who you are
The candidate would be a Qualified Accountant with 5+ years PQE.
The individual will need to be able to demonstrate drive, curiosity, an ability to work from his or her own initiative and an attention to detail.
What you will need to bring to role:
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Proven organizational and planning skills.
- 5-10 years relevant accounting experience required
- Proficient computer skills; experience with Finance ERP systems a plus
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Ability to resolve issues and propose solutions to issues that arise on a day-to-day basis
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles
- Credit Card Industry, Processing/Acquiring Bank or ISO accounting experience a plus
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks, while meeting all internal and public company deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including Windows, PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills, which are a key requirement and may be tested at interview stage.
- Proven team working skills
- Willing and capable to take on responsibility. Must be able to make decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced working environment and quickly build positive working relationships
- Proven initiative and common sense
- Ability to manage team of various skill level staff
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and self-prioritize with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with accounting and finance management in a team environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org