This is a 100% family owned & operated company with over 60 years’ experience in the business. The company is well managed, operating through 5 business units and is run by the Senior Management Team (SMT) which reports to the Board. The company has a strong set of values which emphasizes integrity and teamwork. Due to its size and growth plans, the company wants to recruit a commercially focused Financial Controller.
Financial Controller Profile:
As well as being commercially astute with the necessary level of experience, the key requirement for the Financial Controller is that s/he can work well as part of the Senior Management Team, (SMT) with the ability to constructively challenge and add value to the decisions being taken. You will need to have a strong background in Operations and Commercial decision making. The Financial Controller will be expected to work as an integral part of the SMT, which reports to the Board. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to move to a well run, successful family business that has ambitious growth plans. The role is based in Cong, Co Mayo.
As Financial Controller you will be responsible for all areas of Finance and Commercial decision making.
- Costing & Budgeting • Develop and manage accurate and effective product costing models • Provide detailed analysis of product costings
- Monthly Management Reporting • Month end reporting and analysis • Monthly P&L for the 5 business units • Performance analysis – profitability / variances • Develop relevant KPI’S and Dashboards • Inter-co accounting
- Budgeting & Forecasting • Prepare budgets for the 5 business units • Set targets and measure actual vs. budget • Forecast / Reforecasts
- Working Capital Management • Bank & Cash – reconciliations, approvals and forecasting • Inventory management and reporting • Overview of AP, AR / Credit Control
- Compliance Reporting • Liaise with external auditors on all reporting requirements • VAT and all statutory returns
- Funding • Optimize grant funding from various bodies • Manage banking relationships • FX Management
- Tax Compliance & Tax Planning • Liaise with Revenue on all taxation issues • Deal with HMRC • Tax optimization • Work with R&D Team to maximize R&D Tax Credits claim process
- Procurement & Cost Control • Work with Operations team to negotiate best deals and terms • Management of Staff Expenses processing & reporting • Develop controls processes
- Commercial Pricing & Growth • Work with Management Team on commercial pricing, identifying new business opportunities, export markets and tendering process. • Investment / Acquisitions appraisals • Drive the Continuous Improvement process
- IT & Systems development
- Overview of Payroll, HR and Administration •
Adhoc projects as required
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Minimum of five years’ of demonstrated experience in a senior Finance role, preferably at FC level, with broad and detailed costing experience in manufacturing environment. • Good people management experience
- Ability to work within a diversified team – good team player, positive and motivated.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal), with ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills
- A positive outlook and a can-do attitude with
- Ability to work on own initiative and multitask
- Proficiency with ERP and Accounting software essential, particularly stock, costing and project modules.
- Experience of using Herbst software would be an advantage.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Commercial acumen, savvy, good judgement
The focus is on recruiting the right candidate, who is interested in developing a long-term career path with an ambitious company that is a leader in its field. You will be expected to want to live within an easy commute of Cong, Co Mayo.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org