About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Finance Operational Analyst will be a member of the Finance Operations team within the group. The Finance Operational Analyst will be responsible for a widespread process improvement initiative relating to Finance across all companies within the group.
It is essential that the individual provides a consistent high-level of service in line with our company policies and procedures reflecting our corporate values and behaviours.
What you will do
- Work with other senior finance team members in the delivery of the Group’s centralised financial accounting and control function.
- Represent Finance Operations team in the engagement with stakeholders at all levels on complex cross-organisational projects;
- Collaborate with local and global teams to drive process improvement initiatives;
- Develop requirements and model business processes for complex cross-organisational process improvement initiatives;
- Recommend, instigate or assist in process improvement for Finance Operations Core Service Areas;
- Analysis of a wide variety of business processes and business problems to maximise organisational benefit, including business/technical requirements documentation, workshop facilitation, mapping ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ states, business process engineering and change management;
- Leverage off current system architecture e.g. Microsoft Team, Outlook and Workday to optimise business processes across teams;
- Maintaining and updating SLA policies and procedures;
- Provide support for internal and external users in relation to Finance information systems;
- Create training material and training of staff in relation to key Finance Operations processes;
- Ensure compliance with IT policies;
- Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and planning skills (listening, questioning, challenging, modelling);
- Excellent process design skills (process modelling, process re-engineering);
- Demonstrated experience of capturing and documenting requirements and process flows;
- Managing 3rd Party relationships effectively.
- Assist the Head of Finance Operations and the senior finance team with ad hoc group finance projects and ensure deadlines are adhered to.
Who you are
The successful candidate will have solid Finance Operational Analyst experience with a demonstrated record of success.
The individual will need to be able to demonstrate drive, curiosity, an ability to work from his or her own initiative and an attention to detail.
What you will need to bring to the role
Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified Financial Analyst or equivalent Finance qualification (0-3 years’ post qualification experience);
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles;
- Experience with an ERP essential with Workday seen as a major plus;
- Proven experience in interrogating Big Data and extrapolate understanding from same;
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills;
- Experience of data analysis and dashboard development;
- Automation and scripting experience desirable;
- Second language (Spanish, French, Italian) seen as an advantage;
- Ability to resolve issues and propose solutions to issues that arise on a day-to-day basis;
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks, while meeting all internal deadlines;
- Exceptional IT skills including Excel, Access, Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Word, which are a key requirement and may be tested at interview stage;
- Proven team working skills;
- Willing and capable to take on responsibility. Must be able to make decisions
- Ability to work in a fast paced working environment and quickly build positive working relationships
- Proven initiative and common sense
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and self-prioritize with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with accounting and finance management in a team environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org