Manager/Senior Manager – Tax Galway
We are seeking to add an ambitious Manager / Senior Manager in the Midwest to work with our team, which includes specialists across the major tax heads, in advising on a complex range of projects. Working closely with CFOs and senior personnel in our client organisations, we advise on the formulation and implementation of tax strategy including acquisitions and disposals, overseas expansions, tax-efficient financing and general consulting. We support our clients in identifying appropriate tax technology solutions and implementing an efficient and effective compliance process. We ensure our clients are well-placed to understand and deal with new legislation and policy where relevant, such as the Pillar 2 regime. This role offers a unique opportunity to work as part of a fully integrated and collaborative local Tax team.
Joining as a Manager or Senior Manager, you will be supported in your development, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills – and acquire new ones.
What we do:
We bring tax solutions for our clients both locally and internationally, to fit with their commercial aims. Our clients include many of the leading domestic and multinational companies as well as high net worth individuals and state bodies. Our regular interaction with both Irish Revenue and the Department of Finance enables us to be at the forefront of an ever changing and dynamic tax environment. We help our clients solve problems and influence some of the biggest decisions they face – being tax efficient while at the same time keep pace with the changing tax landscape.
What does this role offer:
Located in our Limerick or Galway office (on a hybrid basis), you will work seamlessly with some of the best tax professionals both in Ireland but also within our global network. You’ll work as part of a team of advisors with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve complex tax and broader business issues from strategy to execution. You will analyse and interpret tax policy, advise on intricate tax matters, and help companies meet their compliance requirements.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaising closely with clients to ensure the optimum tax solutions are identified and implemented.
- Bringing business knowledge, innovation and insight to create value for clients and the firm.
- Deepening your familiarity with new tax legislation and tax policy, and supporting your team in their learning.
- Coaching team members and driving the team to make a difference and deliver results in a responsible, authentic and passionate manner.
- Embracing the digital transformation ongoing in our business. Familiarising yourself with these evolutions and to drive these technologies further in our day-to-day business and that of our clients. ● Setting the tone in promoting risk management and compliance procedures.
- Directing and driving the success of multiple engagements.
- Contributing to the collaborative working environment offered by the firm, and taking an active role in training our junior and senior staff members by promoting a learning culture.
About you –
Key skills, qualifications and competencies:
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Tax, ideally gained in a top tier accounting firm, corporate, business consulting or legal environment.
- AITI/CTA qualified
- Experience advising, managing and delivering on complex tax projects
- A track record of delivering rounded quality work for a cross section of clients or in a corporate setting.
- Commercial awareness with the ability to develop business opportunities in order to generate growth in Tax
- Good exposure to international taxes, working with multinationals and an understanding of international tax policy developments would be an advantage.
- Transformation – An interest in continuous improvement and the latest tax technologies ● Enthusiastic team player and manager with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential.
- Leadership – demonstrate strong commitment and experience to developing yourself, your team members, your clients and your business.
- Strong relationship management skills, agility, ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ambitious – demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development. Create your future with us.
The world of work has changed and we are changing with it! We believe that challenges are better solved together. A career with us means joining a purpose led and diverse, global community where you will do meaningful work with our amazing clients. Our culture is unique and what sets us apart. Our people really are at the very heart of our business.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org