Our client, an Irish registered mental health charity based in Dublin City, are currently looking to recruit an Accountant to join their team on a contract, part-time basis initially.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will briefly involve:
- Day to day running of the finances including the AP and AR cycle, creating monthly management reports and ensuring all tax compliance requirements are met
- Preparation of Financial Reports for submission to the Board
- Control of overall expenditure in the organisation in the context of both the budget and adequacy of reserves and cash balances which is essential in a small operation. Identify and follow up on any variances.
- Internal Control & Process Improvement – monitoring the control systems in place and setting up internal checks in relation to all expenditure and income is properly managed in accordance with best practice
- Preparing budgets for strategic planning, funding applications and projects in accordance with organisational policies and procedures
Suitable candidates will be a qualified accountant with experience working with charities and SMEs ideally with a knowledge of social enterprise, a passion for mental health and an interest in getting involved at all levels in the day to day running of the organisation as required.
This role is initially a contract position with an immediate start. It will start as one day or two half days per week but more hours are likely to be required as the organisation further scales and the role develops over 12-24 months.
The role is based in Dublin but can be done mostly remotely so is open to applicants nationwide.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com