About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Financial Accountant will be a key customer facing, internal and external, role that will proactively deal with Balance Sheet Controllership and Account Management queries on a daily basis. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, is key to succeeding in this role. You will be joining a dynamic and new finance operations team which are striving to improve processes and question the norm.
It is essential that the individual provides a consistent high-level of service in line with our company policies and procedures reflecting our corporate values and behaviours.
This finance role is undertaken by delivering a consistent level of high service in line with Group policies and procedures and in keeping with the Company’s Vision, Mission and Strategy.
What you will do
- Compiles financial information to review and/or prepare journal entries, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interprets the meaning of financial information and makes accounting adjustments accordingly.
- Compiles financial information to prepare journal entries accurately, completely and timely.
- Assists in preparing supporting schedules & liaising with external auditors.
- Engagement with auditors to support on-going audit requirements.
- Assists with ad-hoc projects as they arise.
- Recommend, instigate or assist in process improvement for Finance Operations Core Service Areas;
- Report on month end balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner. Investigate and escalate any differences to the next escalation point.
- Working with journals, sales & purchase ledgers and spreadsheets.
- Preparation of financial reports
- Oversee and drive the reconciliation of key balance sheet items and assisting other finance team members with key balance sheet reconciliations.
- Working with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits.
- Managing 3rd Party relationships effectively.
- Assisting the direct line manager with ad hoc group finance projects and ensuring deadlines are adhered to.
- Cooperate with other departments (e.g. Admin and Sales) to ensure the processes are aligned.
Who you are
The successful candidate will have a motivated Corporate Senior Finance Manager who wants to grow their career in a forward thinking fast paced environment.
The individual will need to be able to demonstrate drive, curiosity, an ability to work from his or her own initiative and an attention to detail.
What you will need to bring to the role
Knowledge & Experience
- Newly Qualified Accountant;
- 1-2 years’ post qualification industry or practice experience in a similar role;
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills;
- Ability to resolve issues and propose solutions to issues that arise on a day-to-day basis;
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org