Financial Manager / Part-time Position
Ire Wel Pallets Limited (IWP) is Ireland’s leading pallet and packaging manufacturer, supplying pallets, boxes and crates to specifications for their customers. The company’s customer base includes organisations in the medical devices, pharmaceutical, electronic, food and drinks industries in Ireland and the UK. IWP is an essential services company.
Our Business All-Star accreditation is founded on 30 years of performance, trust and customer centricity. With 50 employees currently, the company is in an exciting growth phase and we are now looking for an experienced, motivated, and hands-on Financial Manager to join our team and grow with us.
As a key member of the Management team, the Financial Manager will report primarily to the Joint Managing Directors. It is envisaged that this role will become full-time in the future in line with the company’s continued growth.
Reporting to the MDs, the successful candidate will play a key role in developing and implementing our growth strategy. In addition to the daily operational responsibility of keeping financial records, the Financial Manager will work closely with the senior management team by making available financial and non-financial data captured within the business to guide decision-making and achieve IWP’s strategic growth ambitions.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Keeping financial records on behalf of the company and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Preparing regular financial reports and accounts; liaising with external auditor on a periodic basis
- Deliver and monitor key performance indicators to assist in the daily operations and growth of the company
- Inventory management and actively involved in the purchasing activities of the company
- Active involvement in developing the annual budget and relevant forecasts
- Capturing, analysing and interpreting data, including trends and patterns and using this to deliver both the operational and strategic decisions of the senior management team
- Gathering / analysing / interpreting relevant data to assist decision making
- Lead the setting/monitoring/reporting of production targets
- Continuous development of existing and new financial systems and processes
- Defining the HR needs of the company based on its growth plans
- Strategic management of the procedural aspects of the HR function
- Other ad hoc projects
Qualifications & Experience:
- Professional Chartered Accounting Qualification: ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- 7-10 years’ experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in a large manufacturing company.
- The ability to produce accurate information on a timely basis
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office
- Proven business acumen and ability to analyse trends in order to future-proof the company
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation and with staff
- Ability to represent the company professionally to customers
- Ability to adapt quickly to existing software systems in the company
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Blue-sky thinker able to support IWP’s innovative culture and sustainable agenda
- Be a self-starter with an ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Have a flexible approach and be capable of working as part of a motivated team
- Willingness to participate in the IWP culture of a respectful and healthy workplace, where each team member is valued as an integral part of the company
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org