As part of our ongoing development, we are seeking an EMEA Payroll Specialist to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the International Payroll Manager, the successful candidate will join the existing EMEA Payroll Shared Services team and support its continued growth.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate to a join a multi-cultural shared services environment, if you are enthusiastic and open to embrace the challenges that arise in a fast-moving environment then this role is for you.
The opportunity in our EMEA payroll team will cover a number of payrolls in EMEA as well as lead key projects as they arise relating to integrations and process improvement initiatives.
The payroll specialist will work within a small team to manage the end-to-end payroll activities. It involves a high level of organization due to the various elements involved and will give someone the opportunity to challenge themselves and be responsible for entire end to end payroll processes across the EMEA region.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
General Payroll Process
- End to end processing of payrolls for a variety of countries within EMEA – each with their own complexities – in partnership with our global third-party payroll provider
- Consolidate payroll change related data in conjunction with HR and Total Rewards teams
- Prepare payroll-related documentation to ensure payroll accuracy before submittal to our third-party payroll provider
- Maintain sufficient controls in place and implemented to capture changes month on month and ensure that any differences are reconciled and explained.
- Answer any employee/HR related queries in a timely manner
- Provide wider finance team with Month-end reporting documents and answer any relevant queries
The role will focus on process improvement in the EMEA Payroll team in order to support the team, automate, scale and deliver successful results in a timely manner in an increasingly complex environment.
This role will require close collaboration with the International Payroll Manager and EMEA Team, as well as with other key stakeholders in Finance, HR and Total Rewards.
- Identify gaps or areas of improvement and work with Int’l manager to redesign and standardize processes
- Update Documentation of process flow and procedures
- Work with other stakeholders to identify task owners
Audit and Integration support
- Work with internal and external audit on all payroll related audits and own action plan completion
- Collaborate with Payroll Manager, HR and Finance Team in order to plan and execute integration of new payroll entities/countries against planned timelines
- Other project work related to payroll
Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Degree holder or equivilant relevant experience in business, finance, commerce or similar
- Experience in project management or process improvement initiatives required
- Minimum 3 years payroll experience in multi-national companies preferred
- Knowledge of payroll-related tax/leislative process in EMEA beneficial
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English, both verbally and in writing. Fluency in another European language an advantage but not essential
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Team oriented and able to establish strong effective working relationships
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or escalate to management
- Strong customer service skills with quality focus
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which you are hired.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org