Senior FP&A / Cost Accountant
The purpose of this role is to provide Operations Finance, costing and analytical support to Galway Medical site.
The position will be focused on costing, variance analysis, monthly close, spend control, inventory analysis, as well as reporting and process improvements.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for costing related topics.
- Financial Analysis, including month end review of site and subvertical performance.
- Play a lead role in the further growth and development of the subvertical structure roll out
- Complete required close activities.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the monthly analysis and reporting package to ensure timely and accurate submission to local management and headquarters
- Provide financial analysis to guide and support business decision making
- Preparation of files for weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts and annual budget
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual analysis, as required
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial reports generated through ERP systems, the accuracy of the std. costing process and evaluation of manufacturing variances.
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
- Participate in the costing of new products
- Provide inventory analysis, such as WIP aging, obsolescence and slow movement
- Ensure strong working knowledge of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), providing inputs to continuously improve performance benchmarks.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in standard cost setting, variance analysis, FP&A (budgeting/forecasting).
- Excellent knowledge of SAP and advanced Excel.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing environments (Background in electronics or medical industries preferred but not essential).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in culturally diverse teams.
- Capable of working under high pressure and high accountability.
- Plant Controller
Qualified Accountant CIMA, CPA or ACCA
Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Key Performance Indicators:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of ownership and accountability
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong accounting background
Working environment and physical requirements:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com