This role is for a Finance Manager within a growing Finance function in a Multinational Environment. The company is transitioning to new business models and is also working thorough a finance and digital transformation process. This is a position which will allow the successful candidate to develop, learn new skills and lead change in a dynamic environment. The successful candidate will lead and own the Contract Asset position globally under the Global Revenue Assurance Team (GRA). The position will also be responsible for coordinating & consolidating the reconciliations of the CA GL’s ensuring balances are adequately supported as well as evaluating and understanding of any reconciling items. The candidate will also be expected to assist with defining and creating operating procedures and participating in business process improvement initiatives related to revenue accounting activities. The qualified candidate will work closely with the Revenue Accounting team as well as other groups, such as Sales and Operations managers, Business Development, FPA, and Order Management. To be successful in this role you will be required to maintain a high level of accuracy, meet critical timelines and heavy interaction with Stakeholders.
The role includes:
- Consolidate of CA for all line items balances
- Ensuring adequate reconciliation and proper support of balances exists from reconciling owners
- Monitoring & evaluation of any reconciling items being reported at period ending
- Oversight of aging of any reconciling items being carried and reported on reconciliations
- Being designated as BL line item owner. Reviewers and approvers of reconciliations in BL could be structure based on country controller similar to Contract Liabilities
- Preparer of Balance Sheet Corporate Package
- Quarterly Flux analysis
- Owner of financial footnote for CA impairment as reported
- SOX Control owner of global CA balance
- SOX & Audit responsibilities & point of contact globally
- Managing and directing a team supporting the functional activities in this area
- Ad-hoc support or reporting requests by Management for CA
Experience and Requirements
- +5 PQE Multinational experience
- Possess a strong knowledge of control frameworks and best in class processes
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or CPA)
- Strong US GAAP essential with a focus on ASC606
- Experience of using an ERP system preferably SAP
- Strong problem solving skills, takes proactive approach to address issues and avert conflict.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple teams to achieve results
- Strong experience in Excel required / Comfortable in dealing with large volumes of data
- Strong time management skills and works on critical items with a sense of urgency
- Experienced in managing & mentoring staff
- Highly organized, self-motivated, team player with excellent ability to diplomatically challenge existing structures and support transformation.
- Comfortable within a changing environment, enthusiastic and energetic
liaise professionally with a diverse group (executives, managers and subject matter experts)
- Actively applies strategies and tactics that routinely deliver results.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org