About the role
As a Project Co-Ordinator you will providing project assurance to the Finance Systems Director and relevant project manager. This role will support the finance systems team and the project manager with the planning, execution and monitoring of project related activities based on defined streams of work, ensuring projects are delivered in line with best practice project management techniques appropriate to the type and scale of projects and delivering the identified business benefit.
What you will do
- Manage work and information flow between finance systems team, project manager and project participants
- Co-ordinate with the project manager to control the end to end process of capturing data for all key project documents, including but not limited to problem statements, business cases, project charters, business requirements, change requests, status reports, milestones, achievements, benefits, risk and stakeholder registers
- Supports the Project Manager by tracking and highlighting the adherence of assigned projects to the timescale, costs & resources requirements set for the successful delivery of the project to an agreed scope
- Assists the business teams in performing necessary Needs Analysis and Requirements Gathering to support identifying recommendations and meet business needs.
- Liaises with sponsors and key users to address any project issues, escalating (e.g. priority, requirement or scope conflicts) to the Finance Systems Director and Project Manager where required
- Liaise and communicate in a timely and professional manner with External Support team to agree and achieve the deployment schedule of the project, and resolve any points of escalation
- Provide support and guidance as a team member to the team, and build meaningful and collaborative relationships across the organisation.
Who you are
- An excellent communicator with solid inter-personal skills so that you can clearly communicate with your team and senior management
- Organized, analytical and persuasive with excellent planning skills
- Someone with proven experience of translating business analysis, requirements definition and business case production
What you will need to bring to the role
- Experience in an IT Project Management team, co-ordinating work among project teams to achieve successful project delivery
- Solid understanding of project methodologies, with experience of delivering projects using a variety of different techniques
- Experience in large organization with high volume/high transaction environment
- Professional certification in Project Mgt. (e.g. Prince2/PMI)
- 3rd level Qualification. Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field or directly applicable experience.
- An excellent understanding of project management methodologies, including commercial and financial management of programmes, particularly while working in a matrix organisation
- Track record in the successful delivery of complex projects
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org