Financial Controller (US & Canada) – Global Revenue Operations
This role is for a Financial Controller within a growing Multinational Environment. The company is transitioning to new business models and is also working through a finance and digital transformation process. This is a position which will allow the successful candidate to develop, learn new skills and lead change in a dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Balance Sheet Revenue accounts for the US & Canada Entities, ensuring balances are adequately supported as well as evaluating and understanding any reconciling items. The candidate will also be expected to assist with defining and creating operating procedures and participating in business process improvement initiatives related to revenue accounting activities. The candidate will work within the Revenue Operations team and support groups, such as Global Revenue Assurance, Finance Transformation, Sales and Operations managers, Business Development, FPA, and Order Management. To be successful in this role you will be required to maintain a high level of accuracy, frequent interaction with Stakeholders as well as meet critical timelines.
The role includes:
- Ownership of the Reconciliation of all Revenue related Balance Sheet Accounts for the US & Canada Entities
- Ensuring adequate reconciliation and proper support of balances exists
- Maintain controls over Revenue Account reconciliation activities including monitoring & evaluation of any reconciling items being reported at period ending
- Ensuring aging of any reconciling items are understood and cleared in a timely manner.
- Provide required data to support the Preparer of Balance Sheet Corporate Package
- General ledger/Month end close process
- Quarterly Flux analysis
- Internal & External Audit support
- Support Global Revenue Assurance in reviewing business related items
- Financial reporting – working closely with various teams to ensure accuracy of Revenue
- Ad-hoc support or reporting requests from Senior Management
Experience and Requirements
- +5 PQE Multinational experience
- Possess a strong knowledge of control frameworks and best in class processes
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or CPA)
- Experience working within a multinational environment preferably as a Financial Controller
- Strong US GAAP with a focus on ASC606
- Experience of using an ERP system preferably SAP
- Able to manage a highly matrixed environment
- Strong problem solving skills, takes proactive approach to address issues and avert conflict.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple teams to achieve results
- Strong experience in Excel required / Comfortable in dealing with large volumes of data
- Strong time management skills and works on critical items with a sense of urgency
- Experience in managing & mentoring staff desirable
- Highly organised, self-motivated, team player with excellent ability to diplomatically challenge existing structures and support transformation.
- Comfortable within a changing environment, enthusiastic and energetic
liaise professionally with a diverse group (executives, managers and subject matter experts)
- Actively applies strategies and tactics that routinely deliver results
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com