About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Accounts Payable Specialist will be a key customer facing, internal and external, role that will proactively deal with Accounts Payable, Credit Card and Account Management queries on a daily basis. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, is key to succeeding in this role. You will be joining a dynamic and new finance operations team which are striving to improve processes and question the norm.
It is essential that the individual provides a consistent high-level of service in line with our company policies and procedures reflecting our corporate values and behaviours.
What you will do
- Monitor central mailbox and action emails accordingly
- Ensure that supplier invoices are correctly coded and authorised in line with Company Authorisation Matrix
- Ensure business is adhering to Group Purchasing policy
- Post invoices onto the respective accounts system SAGE x3 and Workday
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts to supplier statements, resolving any reconciling differences
- Preparation of the weekly payment runs and ad-hoc supplier payments
- Ensuring all accounting records and documents filed correctly including management of archives
- Ownership of the aged creditors report by reviewing, investigating, correcting and reporting issues.
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- Ensure the accuracy of all payment records and amounts
- Overseeing daily transactions to ensure the books are balanced at the end of the day.
- Follow standard bank accounting procedures, including compliance with government regulations
- Ensure all accounting records and documents filed correctly including management of archives
Credit Card & Cash Expenses
- Validation of expense claims ensuring in compliance with Company Expenses Policy and supported by a valid VAT receipt
- Posting of expense claim in Sage X3 and Workday accounts system
- Monthly review of the aged credit card report, chase for outstanding claims and escalate when necessary.
- Monthly credit card analysis by cost centre and GL account code for Group reporting
- Responsibility for the monthly rebate process and debtor collection process. This entails invoice generation, creditor and debtor reconciliation, payments, collections and general queries
- Working with journals, sales & purchase ledgers and spreadsheets
- Report on month end balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner. Investigate and escalate any differences to the next escalation point
- Assisting qualified Accountants with audits
- Preparation of financial reports
Who you are
The successful candidate will have a motivated Accounts Assistant who wants to grow their career in a forward thinking fast paced environment.
The individual will need to be able to demonstrate drive, curiosity, an ability to work from his or her own initiative and an attention to detail.
What you will need to bring to this role
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years AR/AP experience preferably with proven track record of supporting process improvement projects
- A self-starter able to operate on an autonomous basis managing to a clear timetable to ensure all deadlines are met
- Outstanding mathematical skills, because you will complete financial tasks that require fast and accurate calculations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to build positive working relationships at all levels within the organisation
- Second language (Spanish, French, Italian) seen as an advantage
- Use of an ERP system with Workday Finance experience viewed as a major bonus
- Exceptional computer skills;
- Proven team working skills
- Willing and capable to take on responsibility. Must be able to make decisions
- Ability to work in a fast paced working environment and quickly build positive working relationships
- Proven initiative and common sense
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and self-prioritize with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with accounting and finance management in a team environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com