- The Accounts Assistant will support the Payments Senior Finance Manager in all Financial Accounting aspects of the Group.
Responsibilities include preparation of daily and monthly accounting journals, prepare monthly reconciliations and assist in preparation of reports and ongoing projects as well as ad hoc requests
It is essential that the individual provides a consistent high-level of service in line with our company policies and procedures reflecting our corporate values and behaviours.
What you will do
- Compiles financial information to review and/or prepare journal entries, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interprets the meaning of financial information and makes accounting adjustments accordingly.
- Responsible for preparing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Compiles financial information to prepare journal entries accurately, completely and timely.
- Prepares foreign currency entries.
- Assists in preparing supporting schedules & liaising with external auditors.
- Engagement with auditors to support on-going audit requirements.
- Assists with ad-hoc projects as they arise.
Who you are
- You will have solid accounting experience with a demonstrated record of success.
- Willing and capable to take on responsibility. Must be able to make decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced working environment and quickly build positive working relationships
- Proven initiative and common sense
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and self-prioritize with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with accounting and finance management in a team environment
What you will need to bring to us
- Part Qualified Accountant or relevant accounting experience
- 1-2 years’ industry or practice experience in a similar role
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Ability to resolve issues and propose solutions to issues that arise on a day-to-day basis
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles.
- Experience with multi-currency financial statements an advantage
- Credit Card Industry, Processing/Acquiring Bank or ISO accounting experience a plus
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks, while meeting all internal and public company deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including Windows, PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills, which are a key requirement.
- Proven team working skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com